Prevent Multiple Responses to a Poll from the Same Device
If a respondent is allowed to submit multiple responses, then their opinion/ experience is weighted more heavily when results are calculated.By default, in polls, respondents will be able to complete your project multiple times. However, it is possible to change this setting to allow them to only complete it once.
- Open a poll
- Go to the ‘Options’ section
- Navigate to ‘Cookies Only’ section
- Choose one of three options:
- Allow repeated votes: Respondents can vote in your poll multiple times
- Identify users by cookies: Participants are identified by cookies, and can only vote once.
- Identify users by cookies and IP address: Participants are identified by cookies and IP address, and can only vote once. This option simply adds another layer of identification.