These question types allow you to collect a singular date from respondents.
Note: Date question types can be used in quizzes, but points cannot be applied.
How are dates formatted?
Respondents will see a date format based on the language settings of their device. However, all dates collected will be converted to the preferred date format of your own device when you view your results.
When you insert a Date question type, only the calendar and date text field below it will be present.
The text field below the calendar will say 'Date' by default. This can be edited like any other text field.
Adding A Date Question Type
- Click ‘Add Page Items’ in the sidebar OR Scroll to the bottom of your survey and click the ‘Add Items’ button
- Drag and Drop the Date question to the necessary place
- Enter a Question/ Instructions
- (Optional) Click the text field below the calendar to edit the field text
- (Optional) Add a Time Field from the settings menu
Adding a Time Field to Date Questions
You can add a field for respondents to enter a time with the date from the question settings.
- Click Date Question Type
- Click the 'Settings' button from the menu
- Toggle the 'Collect time with date' switch to 'On'
A 'Time' field will now be present next to the 'Date' field.
Question Quick Menu
- Undo: Reverse your previous action or measure.
- Redo: Once ‘Undo’ is clicked, the option transforms into the ‘Redo’ button. This will restore your previous action or measure.
- Delete: Permanently removes the question from the project.
- Move to Page: Select another page to move the question to.
- Copy: Duplicate your question inside of the project.
- Required: By checking this box, respondents cannot finish the survey without completing the question.
- Settings: Opens additional, question specific, features and settings.
Question Settings Menu
- Number this question: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
- Collect time with date: Add a time field in next to the date text field, in which respondents can type a time.
Analyzing Dates in the Quick Report
Dates will be stored as text responses in your Quick Report, as seen in the picture above. They will appear in the order that they were submitted by respondents, from top to bottom.