This question type allows you to collect a date range from respondents, e.g. FROM: 27th August 2020 - TO: 3rd September 2020.
Note: Date Range question types can be used in quizzes, but points cannot be applied.
How are dates formatted?
Respondents will see a date format based on the language settings of their device. However, all dates collected will be converted to the preferred date format of your own device when you view your results.
When you insert a Date Range question type, only the calendars and date text fields below it will be present. You can add a field for respondents to enter a time with the date from the question settings.
The text fields below the calendars will say 'From' and 'To' by default. These can be edited like any other text field.
Adding A Date Range Question Type
- Open the Form tab
- Click 'New question'
- Select Date Range
- Enter a Question/ Instructions
- (Optional) Click the text field below the calendars to edit the field text
- (Optional) Add a Time Field from the settings menu
Can you remove one of the calendars?
No, this is not possible. You should consider using the Date question type.
Question Settings Bar
Here are the options available in the Question Settings Bar for Date Range questions:
- Collect time with date: Add time fields next to the date text fields, in which respondents can type a time.
- Numbered: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
- Personal info: When enabled, the data from any question marked as PII in the ‘question settings’ will be stored as a separate response. Allowing you to identify who has completed your survey, and at what time, without viewing the other answers they’ve given.
- Required: By checking this box, respondents cannot finish the survey without completing the question.
- Link start date to contact field: Pass any response data collected by this question to a custom field in your CRM.
- Link end date to contact field: Pass any response data collected by this question to a custom field in your CRM.
Analyzing Date Ranges in the Quick Report
Date Range results will be stored as text responses in your Quick Report, as seen in the picture above. The date/time on the left will be the FROM date, whilst the data on the right represents the TO date. They will appear in the order that they were submitted by respondents, from top to bottom.