What is a Multi-Factor Slider?
Much like the Multi-Factor Scale, this question type allows your respondents to evaluate a single question or statement through multiple sliders.
Why use a Multi-Factor Slider?
Sliders are a powerful interactive tool that will keep your respondents engaged in your survey. They also allow you to collate multiple sub-evaluations of a single topic, by breaking down complex questions into several categories.
How do I create a Multi-Factor Slider?
- Go to the Builder
- Click ‘Add Page Items’ in the sidebar OR Scroll to the bottom of your project and click the ‘Add Items’ button
- Drag and Drop Multi-Factor Slider into the necessary place OR Click Multi-Factor Slider and then ADD TO PAGE
- Enter your question above the sliders
- Click the text boxes at either end of the sliders to assign the extreme titles
- Navigate the Question Quick Menu for additional settings and customization
Add Another Slider
- Click the Multi-Factor Slider
- Select 'Add another scale'
There will be two sliders present, once you’ve inserted a Multi-Factor Slider into your project. One will be scaled from ‘Sour’ to ‘Sweet’, whilst the other will be scaled from ‘Bland’ to ‘Spicy’. These are easily changeable by clicking the text and inserting your new titles.
Question Quick Menu
Inside the Question Quick Menu for Multi-Factor Slider you have several options:
- Undo: Reverse your previous action or measure.
- Redo: Once ‘Undo’ is clicked, the option transforms into the ‘Redo’ button. This will restore your previous action or measure.
- Delete: Permanently removes the question from the project.
- Shrink/ Expand: This will change the size of your selected item. It will be referred to as ‘Resize’ in the results section of any project.
- Move to Page: Select another page to move the question to.
- Copy: Duplicate your question inside of the project.
- Required: By checking this box, respondents cannot finish the survey without completing the question.
- Settings: Opens additional, question specific, features and settings.
Question Settings Menu
You will find this list of settings by clicking the ‘Settings’ button inside of the Question Quick Menu.
Number this question: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
Selection Type: Switch between the Opinion Scale format and the Slider format.
From: Governs the number at the lowest (left) end of the scale.
- To: Controls the number at the highest (right) end of the scale.
How respondents interact with Multi-Factor Sliders
Participants will be able to drag the slider along the bar, or simply click the position they want the bar to be set in. Alternatively, they can type a number into the textbox below the slider.
How to analyze the Quick Report?
On the left of your Data Table, you’ll find the titles of your extremes that correspond with the scales you provided in your slider. In the center will be your range of answer options, and then to the right, you’ll see statistics concerning standard deviation, number of responses, and weighted averages.
By default, your results will be illustrated as a Column Graph, but you can change it to a Doughnut Chart, Line Graph, Radar Chart, or Pie Chart in the Question Quick Menu.
For more detailed instructions on analyzing your report, you can visit either of these articles: