Prevent Multiple Responses from the Same Device
Surveys, Forms and Quizzes
If a respondent is allowed to submit multiple responses, then their opinion/ experience is weighted more heavily when results are calculated.
By default, in surveys, quizzes, and forms, respondents will be able to complete your project multiple times. However, it is possible to change this setting to only allow them to complete it once.
- Open a project
- Enter the Settings Menu for the build section
- Switch on ‘Prevent Duplicate Responses’
This will limit the number of responses per computer to just one, using cookies. Meaning that, if you distribute your project using several methods, the respondent will still be limited to one reply.
Note: You can re-enable multiple responses using the same process as above.
Polls require a different method to disable multiple responses:
- Open a poll
- Go to the ‘Options’ section
- Navigate to ‘Cookies Only’ section
- Choose one of three options:
- Allow repeated votes: Respondents can vote in your poll multiple times
- Identify users by cookies: Participants are identified by cookies, and can only vote once.
- Identify users by cookies and IP address: Participants are identified by cookies and IP address, and can only vote once. This option simply adds another layer of identification.
What this means for your results
Preventing duplicate responses will provide you with a purer set results, and allows for a more accurate representation of your target population.