Who are we?
Problem Free Limited acts as a data controller for all personal data that our Creators and Visitors input, except for any personal data that is input by Respondents or that we process on behalf of Creators.
For any personal data input by Respondents or that we process on behalf of Creators, Problem Free Limited acts as a data processor, and Creators act as the data controllers.
“Creators”: These are account holders who use tools on the Site to create projects (surveys, quizzes, forms), collect data, or manage contacts.
“Visitors” are anyone who visits the Site.
“Respondents” are those who fill out surveys, quizzes, or forms created through the Site or have their data processed by Problem Free Limited by the Creator inputting their personal data into their account.
The personal data we collect about you
In acting as a data controller, we collect the following personal data about you:
- Account information: information provided to create an account with the Site, such as names and email addresses and profile pictures.
- Billing information: information provided to maintain a paid subscription to the Site, such as names, email addresses, billing address, card number, and expiry dates.
- Contact Information: information you may share with us for providing support and transactional communications or for collecting feedback, testimonials and reviews.
- Social profiles: information that may be collected when inviting and suggesting others or sharing projects to Social Media platforms.
- Usage data: information collected to improve the performance of the Site.
- Web log data: our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, browser agent, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system versions, device type and timestamps.
- Application log data: personal data (e.g. error details, application performance logging, user history) may be stored in error logs, which are used to resolve bugs and ensure our Site is operating efficiently.
- Survey questions and answers: personal data we may collect from you when you respond to surveys, quizzes or forms created by us.
Information from third parties: We collect your personal data from third parties where you give permission for that data to be shared. For example, when creating and account using the Google SSO method.
In acting as data processor, we collect the following personal data from you:
- CRM data: including names, email addresses, and other personal data collected by the data controller.
- Survey questions and answers: personal data that may be stored with questions and answers.
- Image library: images that are uploaded to the image library on the Site.
- Organisations: names and email addresses of team users invited to the Site by Creators.
The lawful basis for us collecting the above personal data is for the fulfilment of a contract.
How we use the personal data we collect
We use the information collected to provide our services to you, including:
- Providing support and answering queries about our services when you contact us.
- Contacting you regarding your account, billing, or changes to the Site that may affect the services we provide to you.
- To act on any violation of our Terms and Conditions.
- To respond to legal requests, court orders, or lawful requests from government agencies.
- To provide services upon your request.
- To improve existing systems, products, and support services.
- Network defence, DDOS protection, and application security.
- Debugging and application optimisation.
- Ensuring you can sign-up or log in to your account from a third-party integration, such as Google SSO.
We do not use the information you provide to make any automated decisions that might affect you.
Communications from the Site
All new Creators are sent an email confirmation message when creating an account with the Site for the purpose of verifying their registration.
New Creators of Shout.com will receive communications regarding their 14 Day Free Trial. These communications will be sent at intervals throughout the Free Trial, but will conclude upon the expiration of the Free Trial.
Occasionally, we may deem it necessary to send service-related emails to relevant Creators. For example, if the Site experiences an unexpected outage or unscheduled maintenance, it may be necessary to contact Creators to inform them of this. Generally, it’s not possible to opt-out of these emails, as they are not deemed promotional.
If you contact us via our support email, we will send communications for as long as it is necessary to resolve an issue or answer a query submitted by you. You can, at any time, request that we no longer use this personal data to contact you. If you wish to do so, you can contact us at [email protected] (for FreeOnlineSurveys Creators) or [email protected] (for Shout Creators).
Information shared from third-parties
When Google SSO is used as a method to sign up or log in to the Site, we collect your personal data from Google to create your account and enable account access. This information includes names, email addresses, and usage data, all of which is encrypted in-transit and at rest.
Disclosure of your personal data
We use sub-processors to deliver some of our services and to ensure your data is stored safely and securely. All sub-processors we use have the appropriate security and organisational measure in place to keep your data secure. You can find a full list of the sub-processors we use to provide this service at the following link: Our sub processors.
We also use the following payment processors to manage card payments taken through the Site:
Disclosure upon request
When a billing contact differs from the Creator, we may disclose account or billing information to them upon request.
We may disclose account details to your organisation, in cases where a Creator account belongs to the organisation itself.
Change of ownership
We may disclose account details if there is a change of ownership, merger or other corporate change. In this case, you agree that the successor will process the above personal data instead of Problem Free Limited following a notice given to all Problem Free Customers 1 month prior to this change.
Data transfers outside of the UK and EEA
Personal data for which we are the data controller may be stored or transferred outside of the UK and EEA and may be processed by third-parties for the purpose of providing Problem Free Limited with their services.
These services are essential to the continued operation of the Site and efficiently providing our services to you. All third party processors are subject to a data processing agreement or are bound by standard contractual clauses that guarantee compliant standards for data transfers.
Your rights as a data subject
If you are a Creator or Visitor, you have the following rights:
- The right of access: You can access most of the data we store about you by accessing your account on the Site. If there is some data you believe we hold that is not accessible to you through your account, you may contact us at [email protected]. This right can be exercised free of charge and all information provided in an accessible format, unless your request is excessive or repetitive.
- The right of rectification: You can rectify most personal information we hold about you from your account. If you are unable to rectify some information, you may submit a request to [email protected] (for Shout Creators) or [email protected] (for FreeOnlineSurveys Creators).
- The right to erasure: You can erase information collected via the Site tools, such as survey responses and CRM contacts, from inside your account. If you close your account, the personal data needed to keep that account open, such as name and email address, will be erased in line with our Retention Policy. You have the right to request that any personal data stored about you be erased, such as support tickets, reviews, or testimonials, by contacting us directly.
- The right to restrict processing: You do have the right to request a change in how your data is processed. As the processes we have in place are to ensure the efficient operation of the Site and the services we provide, you may be instructed to exercise your right to erasure instead.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to Problem Free Limited using your data for marketing purposes. You may contact [email protected] to exercise this right.
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to provide our services to you. If you wish to close your account, you may do so via your account settings on the Site or by contacting us at [email protected].
You can find all information about the data retention period for account details, surveys, responses, and questions by reading our Data Retention Policy.
We take incremental database backups every 15 minutes, which are pre-encrypted and shipped for storage. We automatically restore these backups to verify that they will work when needed.
Your right to complain
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, we would prefer you to contact us directly in the first instance so that we can address your complaint. However, you can also contact the Information Commissioner's Office via their website at https://ico.org.uk.