Picture Choice (Multi-Select)
What is a Picture Choice (Multi-Select) question?
This question type allows your respondents to select multiple answers options, from a selection of images. You can also assign captions to individual images.
Why use a Picture Choice (Multi-Select) question type?
Question types such as these are more visually interactive, and keep your projects from becoming stale.
How do I create a Picture Choice (Multi-Select) question?
- Create a Survey or Quiz
- Click ‘Add Page Items’ in the sidebar OR Scroll to the bottom of your project and click the ‘Add Items’ button
- Drag and Drop Picture Choice (Multi-Select) into the necessary place OR Click Picture Choice (Multi-Select) and then ADD TO PAGE
- Enter your question above the image options
- Insert images
- (Optional) Insert image captions
- Navigate the Question Quick Menu for additional settings and customization
How do I insert images?
- Click the image slot
- Select an image from your library Or Press ‘Click to upload’
- Choose an image from your files and press ‘Open’
Four image boxes will appear once this question type is inserted, and can be removed by clicking the answer option and then the ‘X’ button. Conversely, you can insert more image boxes by pressing ‘Add Answer’.
Question Quick Menu
Inside the Question Quick Menu for Picture Choice (Multi-Select) you have several options:
- Undo: Reverse your previous action or measure.
- Redo: Once ‘Undo’ is clicked, the option transforms into the ‘Redo’ button. This will restore your previous action or measure.
- Delete: Permanently removes the question from the project.
- Shrink/ Expand: This will change the size of your selected item. It will be referred to as ‘Resize’ in the results section of any project.
- Move to Page: Select another page to move the question to.
- Copy: Duplicate your question inside of the project.
- Required: By checking this box, respondents cannot finish the survey without completing the question.
- Settings: Opens additional, question specific, features and settings.
Question Settings Menu
- Number this question: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
- Randomize answer order: toggle the ability to randomly change the answer order for respondents.
- Min/ Max answers: Select the minimum and maximum number of answers that respondents will be able to select.
How respondents interact with Picture Choice (Multi-Select) questions
Image answers are selected simply by clicking the relevant image option, where their choices will be highlighted by ticks. They can also enlarge the attached images by hovering over the answer option and clicking this the camera icon.
How to analyze the Quick Report?
All your data will be represented across one row in the Data Table, where the columns provide data on individual answer options. You will also receive statistics on standard deviation and number of responses.
The default settings for this question type will illustrate your collected data as a Doughnut Chart, but these formats are interchangeable via the Question Quick Menu. The other graph types available to this question type are: Line Graph, Column Graph, Radar Chart, and Pie Chart.
For more detailed instructions on analyzing your report, you can visit either of these articles: