What are Picture Comment questions?
Like other picture choice question types, you can upload a set of images to be evaluated by respondents. However, Picture Comments provide corresponding textboxes for participants to insert their own answers into.
Why use Picture Comments?
These question types offer respondents an opportunity to critically analyze or evaluate an array of provided images. You will also receive a large data set of unique perspectives on the images regarding your set question.
How do I create a Picture Comment question?
- Go to Builder
- Click ‘Add Page Items’ in the sidebar OR Scroll to the bottom of your survey and click the ‘Add Items’ button
- Drag and Drop Picture Comments into the necessary place OR Click Picture Choice Comments and then ADD TO PAGE
- Enter your question above the image options
- Insert images
- (Optional) Insert text box captions
- Navigate the Question Quick Menu for additional settings and customization
Add Another Picture Comment Box
- Click the Picture Comments question
- Select 'Add another text box'
How do I insert images?
- Click the image slot
- Select an image from your library Or Press ‘Click to upload’
- Choose an image from your files and press ‘Open’
Four image boxes will appear once this question type is inserted, and can be removed by clicking the answer option and then the ‘X’ button. Conversely, you can insert more image boxes by pressed ‘Add another text box’.
Question Quick Menu
Inside the Question Quick Menu for Picture Comments you have several options:
- Undo: Reverse your previous action or measure.
- Redo: Once ‘Undo’ is clicked, the option transforms into the ‘Redo’ button. This will restore your previous action or measure.
- Delete: Permanently removes the question from the project.
- Shrink/ Expand: This will change the size of your selected item. It will be referred to as ‘Resize’ in the results section of any project.
- Move to Page: Select another page to move the question to.
- Copy: Duplicate your question inside of the project.
- Required: By checking this box, respondents cannot finish the survey without completing the question.
- Settings: Opens additional, question specific, features and settings.
Question Settings Menu
By accessing the ‘Settings’ menu inside the Question Quick Menu, you can:
- Number this question: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
How respondents interact with Picture Comment questions
In this question type, respondents do not interact with the images other than to enlarge them. Instead, they are required to fill out the text boxes below each image.
How to analyze the Quick Report?
All data collected by Picture Comments will be listed under ‘Text Responses’ for the corresponding question in the Quick Report.
For more detailed instructions on analyzing your report you can visit either of these articles: