Picture Choice (Single-Select)
What are Picture Choice (Single Select) questions?
These are multiple-choice questions, where respondents can only select one answer. This question type was created for those questions where the answer options could be more visual, i.e. images instead of text. However, you are able to caption each image.
Why use Picture Choice (Single Select) questions?
This question type allows you to make your survey more visually pleasing, by reducing the amount of text on the page.
How do I create a Picture Choice (Single Select) question?
- Go to the Builder
- Click ‘Add Page Items’ in the sidebar OR Scroll to the bottom of your project and click the ‘Add Items’ button
- Drag and Drop Picture Choice (Single Select) into the necessary place OR Click Picture Choice (Single Select) and then ADD TO PAGE
- Enter your question above the image options
- Insert images
- (Optional) Insert image captions
- Navigate the Question Quick Menu for additional settings and customization
Add Answers to Picture Choice Single Select
- Click the Picture Choice question
- Select 'Add answer'
How do I insert images?
- Click the image slot
- Select an image from your library OR Press ‘Click to upload’
- Choose an image from your files and press ‘Open’
Four image boxes will appear once this question type is inserted, and can be removed by opening the answer settings and then the ‘X’ button. Alternatively, you can insert more image boxes by clicking ‘Add Answer’.
Question Quick Menu
Inside the Question Quick Menu for Picture Choice (Single Select) you have several options:
- Undo: Reverse your previous action or measure.
- Redo: Once ‘Undo’ is clicked, the option transforms into the ‘Redo’ button. This will restore your previous action or measure.
- Delete: Permanently removes the question from the project.
- Shrink/ Expand: This will change the size of your selected item. It will be referred to as ‘Resize’ in the results section of any project.
- Move to Page: Select another page to move the question to.
- Copy: Duplicate your question inside of the project.
- Required: By checking this box, respondents cannot finish the survey without completing the question.
- Settings: Opens additional, question specific, features and settings.
Question Settings Menu
- Number this question: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
- Randomize answer order: toggle the ability to randomly change the answer order for respondents.
- Min/ Max answers: Select the minimum and the maximum number of answers that respondents will be able to select. Changing this from one to any other number will essentially change your question type from Picture Choice (Single Select) to Picture Choice (Multi-Select).
How respondents interact with Picture Choice (Single Select) questions
Image answers are selected simply by clicking the relevant image option, where the choice will be highlighted by a tick. They can also enlarge the attached images by hovering over the answer option and clicking the camera icon.
How to analyze the Quick Report?
All your data will be represented across one row in the Data Table, where the columns provide data on individual answer options. You will also be able to view your total number of responses.
The default settings for this question type will illustrate your collected data as a Column Graph, but these formats are interchangeable via the Question Quick Menu. There you will be able to choose between the additional Doughnut Chart, Line Graph, Column Graph, Radar Chart, or Pie Chart.
For more detailed instructions on analyzing your report, you can visit either of these articles: