Text Box (Multiple)
What are Text Box (Multiple) questions?
These question types allow you to collate more than one answer to a singular question. You’ll be able to customize a title for each answer box, so respondents know what to write in them.
Why use Text Box (Multiple) questions?
These are useful for splitting a question or topic into specific talking points for respondents, or equally for gathering certain types of personal information.
How do I create a Text Box (Multiple) question?
- Create a Survey or Quiz
- Click the ‘Add Page Items’ icon in the slide-out menu OR Scroll to the bottom of your survey and click the ‘Add Items’ button
- Drag and Drop Text Box (Multiple) into the necessary place OR Click Text Box (Multiple) and then ADD TO PAGE
- Enter your question
- Enter relevant text or hints in the answer fields
- Navigate the Question Quick Menu for additional settings and customization
Two answer fields will be present once this question type is inserted into your project. You can input additional answer boxes by clicking ‘Add another text box’ which can be found beneath the existing answer boxes.
To remove any boxes, access the settings menu for that box by clicking it and then the ‘X’ in the dropdown settings menu.
- Frame your questions so they can be answered in a sentence or less.
- Most useful for obtaining small amounts of information.
Question Quick Menu
Inside the Question Quick Menu for Text Box (Multiple) you will find several options:
- Undo: Reverse your previous action or measure.
- Redo: Once ‘Undo’ is clicked, the option transforms into the ‘Redo’ button. This will restore your previous action or measure.
- Delete: Permanently removes the question from the project.
- Shrink/ Expand: This will change the size of your selected item. It will be referred to as ‘Resize’ in the results section of any project.
- Move to Page: Select another page to move the question to.
- Copy: Duplicate your question inside of the project.
- Required: By checking this box, respondents cannot finish the survey without completing the question.
- Settings: Opens additional, question specific, features and settings.
Question Settings Menu
- Number this question: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
How respondents interact with Text Boxes (Multiple)?
All respondents can input a small amount of text into the supplied text boxes. Once finished, they can click another box to input more text, or press enter to move down a box.
How to analyze the Quick Report?
You will find all answers for the Text Box (Multiple) under ‘Text Responses’ of the relevant question. All answers from one respondent will be in a self-contained box, as not to be confused with data from different respondents. The answers will be displayed in the order you set the corresponding questions.
For more detailed instructions on analyzing your report, you can visit either of these articles: