Zip/ Postcode Lookup Element
What is Zip / Postal Code Lookup?
This question type acts as a way to add an address form to your project. This option also includes a quick address lookup feature, which can be disabled and enabled through the settings menu.
Why use Zip Code/ Post Code form?
Collecting geographic information on respondents can be a useful tool in achieving several things. If you’re a business, then geographic information can be used to tailor products or services to certain localities or groups. Alternatively, you could use this information to construct customer profile templates to further understand your target audience.
How to create a Zip Code/ Post Code form?
- Create a Survey, Form, or Quiz
- Click ‘Add Page Items’ in the sidebar OR Scroll to the bottom of your survey and click the ‘Add Items’ button
- Drag and Drop Zip/ Postcode Lookup into the necessary place OR Click Zip/ Postcode Lookup and then ADD TO PAGE
- Title your form
- Assign headings to text fields (if necessary)
- Navigate the Question Quick Menu for additional settings and customization
The default heading for this form will be ‘Address’, which you can edit by clicking the question box. Six text fields will be inserted along with this questions type, by default. These include:
- Address 2
- City/ Town
- State/ Province
- Zip/ Postal Code
You’re free to change the heading in any text field, or remove a field altogether. All the above fields will automatically be required to be filled out by participants. This is changeable through the individual settings menus of each text field.
Question Quick Menu
Inside the Question Quick Menu for Zip/ Postal Code form you have several options:
- Undo: Reverse your previous action or measure.
- Redo: Once ‘Undo’ is clicked, the option transforms into the ‘Redo’ button. This will restore your previous action or measure.
- Delete: Permanently removes the question from the project.
- Move to Page: Select another page to move the question to.
- Copy: Duplicate your question inside of the project.
- Settings: Opens additional, question specific, features and settings.
Question Settings Menu
By clicking the ‘Settings’ option of the Question Quick Menu, you will have access to these features:
- Number this question: This button toggles the numbering for the concerned question.
- Address Lookup: This option allows respondents to search for their address using a Zip Code/ Postal Code. This feature is only available in the United Kingdom and United States of America.
- Hidden Fields: When sections of the form have been deleted, use this option to quick restore them.
How respondents interact with Zip Code/ Postal Code forms
Participants will be able to fill out each text field in the form as if they were Textbox (Single) question types. They will be required to fill each individual field, unless you deactivate ‘Required’ in the settings for that text field.
If you've activated the Address Lookup feature, you may find that some sections of your Contact Form disappear.
These sections will reappear once the respondent has entered their zip code/ postcode and searched for their address. Once the code is entered, a drop-down menu with a list of relevant addresses will appear, from which participants can select the appropriate option.
This selection will auto-fill all the corresponding sections. Even if you've activated the 'Address Lookup' feature, respondents will be able to click the 'Manual Entry' button to disable the Lookup in their own survey.
How to analyze the Quick Report
All results gathered from Zip/ Postal Code Forms (Address forms) will be comprised as a list of ‘text responses’ in your Quick Report.