This function permits you to improve the visual aspects of text within your survey, form or quiz.
How to Access the Text Formatting Menu?
There are two types of text field that can grant you access to the Text Formatting menu. These include the Question Fields, Text Fields and Page Description Fields.
Follow the below instructions to open this menu:
- Create a Project
- Click a question field/ page description
- Click the Text Formatting icon
From here you will be presented with a list of text formatting options, which are discussed further below.
Text Formatting Menu Options
Below is the complete list of text formatting options available to you. These options include both aesthetic and functional settings:
- Pipe Text From
This typeface formats text with darker, heavier strokes than usual. It can be used when you want to emphasise the importance of a point or sentence.
Text enriched with this type style will format characters to slant upwards and to the right. This is used to distinguish certain words from others within the same piece of text.
This setting will present you with two options:
Insert Link: This option will allow you to place a hyperlink. To embed a link, highlight the chosen text with your mouse before you click the ‘Link’ button. To create a new line of text, and embed your link within that, simply click the ‘Link’ button in the Text Formatting menu.
Unlink: Highlight a hyperlink you wish to remove with your mouse and select the ‘Unlink’ button. Note: This option will only become available once you’ve inserted a link into the field.
Format the placement/ structure of text within a text box.
- Align Left: Text is aligned to the left margin.
- Align Centre: Text is aligned to the centre of the text box.
- Align Right: Text is aligned to the right margin.
- Align Justify: Text is evenly distributed to both margins.
Insert an image between your question and answer fields.
Note: You will not be able to move this image.
Clicking this option will open your image library, from where you’ll have access to any previous images you’ve uploaded. If you haven’t uploaded any images, press ‘Click to Upload’ to select a file from your personal system.
Pipe Text From:
Use this feature to pipe text from a previous answer field, into your current question field. This allows you to personalise questions for respondents. You will have three choices of data sources:
- A Question Answer: Pipe text into a question field from an answer field selected by a respondent.
- Email Tracking Field: If you’ve created a list of contacts through our Address Book, you can use this option to pipe text based on your chosen tracking field.
Head over to our Text Piping article for more information on this feature.