How to Add and Edit Questions
Adding a New Question
- Create a Project
- Click ‘Add Items’ in the sidebar
- Choose the Question Type you want to insert
- Click ‘Add Item’ or drag and drop it into your project
- Enter the question and answer text
Note: Your project will save automatically, to stop you from losing any work.
Editing a Question
We allow you to edit question using the same methods you created them with:
Text: Can be edited by clicking the text field and replacing the old questions/answers with new next. Images: Simply click the image you wish to replace, and select another image from the library.
Can I change question types of a question in my project?
Unfortunately, most question types do now allow you to switch to another once you have placed it inside your project.
However, there are a few exceptions to this:
- Opinion Scale & Slider: You can switch between these question types through the Question Quick Menu for either. This also applies to Multi-Factor Scales and Multi-Factor Sliders.
- Multi-Choice (Single) & Multi-Choice (Multiple): In the Question Quick Menu for these question types, you can adjust the number of ‘Minimum/ Maximum Answers’ that can be selected by participants. This, essentially, allows you to change between both types. This also applies between Picture Choice (Single Select) and Picture Choice (Multi-Select).
- Comments/ Essay Box & Text Box (Single): You can increase or decrease the height of textareas in the Question Quick Menu for both these question types. Fundamentally making them variations of the same type.
If you wish to switch a Question Type outside of these exceptions:
- Delete the original question
- Click ‘Add Items’ icon in the sidebar
- Choose the new Question Type you want to insert
- Click ‘Add Item’ or drag and drop the element into your project
- Enter the question and answer text again
For information on question settings, see our Question Quick Menu article.