How to Make a Quiz
Online quizzes are an essential tool for engaging audiences and capturing leads for your business. With our drag-and-drop quiz creator and automated scoring, you'll be able to make anything from personality quizzes to student exams and risk assessment tests effortlessly.
Steps to Making a Quiz
Below you’ll find the necessary steps to how to make a quiz:
Make a Quiz
You will be able to make a quiz via the Project Dashboard, once you’ve logged in.
- Go to your Dashboard
- Click ‘+ New Project’
- Click the 'Quiz' button
- Name your Quiz
From here you’ll be directed to the quiz builder, where you can add questions, customize settings, and tailor your quiz design.
Once you’ve created your quiz, you’ll need to start adding questions. You will have access to a limited set of Question Types when making a quiz, not all questions types suit a quiz format. But, you'll still have everything you.
- Open ‘Add Page Items’ in the sidebar
- Drag and Drop a Question Type OR Click ‘Add Items’, select a type, and press ‘Add to Page’
- Fill the question text field
- Write answer choices
- Apply Question Points
- Adjust settings in the Question Quick Menu
Question Types (Quizzes)
You have access to a range of multiple-choice and open-ended questions.
- Multi-Choice (Single Select)
- Multi-Choice (Multi-Select)
- Drop Down List
- Comment/ Essay Box
- Text Box (Single)
- Text Boxes (Multiple)
- Picture Choice Question (Single)
- Picture Choice Question (Multiple)
- Contact Details
- Presentational Items
You'll have access to a set of fields with custom settings to collect respondent information. Such as:
- Address Lookup (using Zipcode or Postcode - US/ UK only)
- Contact Form (Name, Email, Address)
Content and Media
Add content other than questions into your survey to provide additional information for respondents.
- Videos (linked from YouTube or Vimeo)
If your quiz is becoming too long to fit on a single page, you can insert additional pages to break up your project.
This will not only make it easier for you to visualize and edit your project, but also give respondents a sense of progress and achievement in completing your quiz.
Create a new page:
- Click ‘Manage Pages’ in the sidebar
- Choose to insert a ‘Question Page’
Question Pages: Where all your questions and form elements are placed.
Thank You Pages: These are the final page respondents will see before they leave your project. They can be used to thank participants, or even to direct them to a site upon completion.
Customizing the Quiz Design
Before you send your quiz, you may want to customize its visual design. We have a selection of Themes for you to choose from, which can be edited to suit your design or branding.
Change the colors for:
- Survey background
- Question highlight bar
Choose from a set list of fonts for your survey.
Add a Logo
You can also insert a logo.
Preview & Test
You will also want to preview your project before it’s launched. This feature formats your quiz as a respondent would see it; allowing you to check the structure, functionality, and spelling/ grammar.
Sharing your Quiz
There are multiple distribution methods for your quiz:
- Generate a link to your Quiz
- Target an Audience (Purchasing Quiz Responses)
- QR Code
- Create a Button for your Website (Pop-ups and Slideouts)
- Share to Social Media
- Embed your Project on your Website (in line with other content)
- Distribute via Email (using your Address Book)
More Guides and Tips
Below you’ll find a list of other useful articles concerning the project building process: